Sr. Cognos Report Writer Business Intelligence Birmingham, Alabama Type: Contract Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software is currently seeking to hire a contractor for a project that could last up to 6 months. The majority of the work is developing customized Cognos reports, working with databases to extract and collect data, and mentoring other report writers. This position will develop reports used to provide solutions to leverage data warehouse and analytic solutions. The contractor will preferably work onsite 40 hours a week in Birmingham, Alabama, but a combination of onsite and remote will also be considered for the right resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 50% Under minimal supervision, develop, deliver and support highly visible reports and dashboards using Cognos
- 20% Using SQL to extract and collect data
- 20% Mentor junior report writers
- 10% Establish and maintain best practices for Cognos report writing
- 10% Using proper documentation and source control assures integrity and traceability of data
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing reports for speed and accuracy
- Anticipate new queries and advise of improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate duties with Data Modeler, Data Architect, and ETL Developers to ensure a useful and usable end product.
- Perform special projects as directed by management
- 5+ years working with reporting technology and queries.
- 3+ years working experience with Cognos.
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Experience translating business requirements from customers into reports.
- Data Warehouse experience preferred.
- Familiarity with administration and configuration for Cognos environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide original and creative thought to achieve difficult solutions.
- Prefer some Crystal/Business Objects experience.