Systems Administrator - Multi-Location IT Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software's IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our customers in a search for a System Administrator. This is a full time position that comes with a competitive salary and full suite of benefits. The position will assist the organization in putting together the IT road map and implementing that plan to get multiple locations that run various IT products and solutions all on similar technologies. This will include VOIP, Internet, and Cloud. Current helpdesk is outsourced so this position will focus on the current system management and helping the organization consolidate technologies to solutions that are best of breed.
The company is growing at a rapid pace and adding more locations every month. This is an excellent opportunity for a Systems/Network Engineer that wants to take the lead of helping grow the IT infrastructure and solutions across the organization. Network consists of 500 workstations currently.
- Configure, install, and maintain business technology hardware and software as needed, including new and existing infrastructure
- Manage 3rd party desktop support and technology vendors from our corporate office as they provide on-site support in each of our local markets as needs arise
- Provide user support of existing software and hardware including workstations, printers, cloud-based solutions, and phones
- Perform analysis to review technology service metrics and identify successes, discrepancies and opportunities for improvement
- Provide general advice and specific recommendations to leadership on key areas of information technology investment
- Provide quick response time to analyze problems and provide customer support
- Troubleshoot and maintain availability and security for data, systems and network
- Lead project to understand existing infrastructure at each new facility acquired (20-30 per year), and transition new facilities to our infrastructure.
- Passion to revamp old technology into new, cutting-edge technology
- Ability to quickly ascertain technical problems, troubleshoot and prioritize effectively, develop appropriate resolution strategy and communicate with management
- Ability to use and train others on the use of tools, software and technical procedures
- Self-starting, energetic, results oriented team player with entrepreneurial spirit to support our growing business
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience supporting a distributed multi-site healthcare or retail organization or multiple clients if employed by a current technology service and support provider
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill related to Dropbox, GSuite, VOIP phone configuration/support, videoconferencing and virtual desktop solutions, such as VMware Horizon Desktop-as-a-Service
- Basic server administration experience
- Desire to contribute to data analytics efforts within our organization (ETL, SQL, advanced Excel computations, Microsoft Power BI)
- College degree