UX Designer IT Birmingham, Alabama Type: Contract Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for UX Designer for a consulting engagement. The primarily role of the UX Designer would be to work hand-in-hand with the Product Owners and focus on the layout, interface and interaction design of the application.
The UX Designer will be responsible for designing a positive user experiences for custom applications used by a variety of users across the organization.
The UX Designer will be working directly with product managers, developers, and testers to effectively articulate complex design decisions and analysis of the current problems and solutions. .
Create wire-frames and prototypes from functional and non-functional specifications.
- Minimum of two years in UX and UI design
- Proficient in using data and insights to drive design decisions.
- Significant experience with user-centered design processes and techniques.
- Understanding and experience with Responsive and Adaptive Web Design.
- Strong knowledge of principles and best practices of information architecture, interaction design and usability including: wireframe development, mockups, story boards, page layouts and site flows.
- Ability to find and communicate simple solutions for solving complex problems.
- Experience-based understanding of user-centered design, information design, browser requirements and capabilities.
- Understanding of mobile experiences and designing for mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS frameworks.
- 1-3 years experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus.